Sunday, January 22, 2012
I'm me again!
I won't ramble on like I did in those last few blogs, but I know I left some hanging on what happened next. I'm not telling these stories for sympathy or to make you feel bad for me. That's not it at all! I just wanted to let people know if they have ever been through those small trials like me that there is always blessings in the end! For example, I ran the Las Vegas Ragnar race, came home, went to the doctors again and they diagnosed me with Hypothyroidisim/Hashimoto's THAT EXPLAINS ALOT! I knew I would get it eventually.. but of course I hoped I wouldn't. My grandpa,mom,and sister have it. My mom, sister and I have an auto-immune disease which makes anit-bodies attack my thyroid and try to kill it! I was tested many times in the past years, as I had mentioned in my other blogs. Sometimes blood tests just show up negative. If you are feeling not yourself, tired, achy, depressed,bad memory, dry scalp and skin just go get tested! Its SO EASY! Just a simple blood test. And all the treatment is, is a small pill everyday. I feel almost %100 better! Almost. I think my memory/forgetfulness is still trying to work its self out! Haha! And can I tell you one of the most wonderful things too about being treated finally? I don't fall asleep at 8pm anymore! (which is not a bad thing) but I can actually stay up until 12 sometimes and watch a movie with my husband! Or go on a double date and be able to go hang out later, then, just going home at 9pm because I can't keep my eyes open. It's wonderful to be me again! GO GET YOUR BLOOD TESTED.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
About Me
- Kira and Russell
- Russell and I got married in the Utah LDS Bountiful temple January 21, 2010. It was the best day of our lives! I come from a family of 5 people and Russell comes from a family of 7 people. We have 7 nieces and nephews (from Russell's side) we absolutely love being an Aunt and Uncle! We love our families and spending time with them and we can't wait to have a little family of our own someday!
I agree 100%!!!!!!!! And if it comes back negative, get retested. Do it the old fashion way, take your basil temperature seven days straight, in the morning before getting out of bed. if your temp is 97 or below, chances are you are hypo thyroid. Some doctors don't believe this, but some do . Before they had test , this is how they tested. Maybe Kira will post an article on this. : )
ReplyDelete*basal not basil hahaha
ReplyDeleteOh good! I was just asking Russ today about you. So glad you're feeling better!
ReplyDelete