Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Vegas Ragnar 2011

Training for the Vegas Ragnar was very interesting, taken we only had 2 months to train for it! But we were so excited. As it got closer the more tired I got. To the point 3 miles felt like 10 miles. I wasn't getting the "runner's high" anymore. More like, "Runner's gonna die". ;)Of course, I was worried about Russell too but he was feeling great! He had his enhaler with him everytime he trained.
Vegas came by way too fast. My legs were 3.5 miles, 4.5 miles, and 7 miles. So not too bad! Except for the first and last were in the middle of the day! When I was running my first leg I had 2 miles left and I started to feel cold. Yes that's right cold!!! It was like 85 degrees out! I had my water bottles around my waist so I tried to keep hydrated but all I wanted to do was lay down and fall asleep. The cold chills kept getting worse and I wanted to cry because it was messing with my mind and running is mental with me. I finally reached the exchange and passed the baton (slap wrist braclet) to my mother-in-law.I just started crying to Russell, and hyperventilating... I was freaking out! I called my dad to ask him what that meant and he said that it's heat exhaustion. Oh lovely. I was fine though once I got cool water in me. Then, once my mother-in-law got done running she had the same thing happen! It was so hot! She was fine too.
Everyone ran their legs so good! Russell kept us laughing (and everyone else running Ragnar) of course in his diaper. The spray paint ragtags were a hit. Adam and Russell had stencils of the Ragnar symbol and would spray it on people's calves, arms, backs, and even heads! (shaved heads)
Two days later we crossed the finish line! It was such a blast! We have the best family/team ever! Everyone was such great cheerleaders. Thank you to Adam and Lisa for getting us to Vegas! You guys are the best!!! It was such a great experience! GO RUN BABY RUN! Oh and we won OVER ALL FAVORITE TEAM! They sent us legit Ragnar Batons. We also got the Saints and Sinners medals! SO WORTH IT!










1 comment:

  1. Wow Kira! Can I just tell you how insanely jealous I am that you guys can run those things? I have asthma too but my lungs are in no where near as good of shape to tackle that. Way to go!

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My photo
Russell and I got married in the Utah LDS Bountiful temple January 21, 2010. It was the best day of our lives! I come from a family of 5 people and Russell comes from a family of 7 people. We have 7 nieces and nephews (from Russell's side) we absolutely love being an Aunt and Uncle! We love our families and spending time with them and we can't wait to have a little family of our own someday!